Brazilian Jiu Jitsu & Grappling Trainer
In 1981, Mauricio Gomes was awarded his Black Belt by Rolls Gracie, an event that was to mark a new beginning in his study and mastery of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. In 2003, his son Roger Gracie was promoted to Black Belt by Renzo Gracie at the behest of his uncle Carlos Gracie Jr and his almost unchecked domination of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Submission wrestling followed.
In 2005, a new era is dawned in the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu scene in the United Kingdom with Mauricio Gomes awarding Jude Samuel his Black Belt after almost 7 years under his tutelage.
In 2009 after teaching at Gracie Barra London and the Roger Gracie Academy for almost 6 plus years, Jude decided to take a break from teaching and concentrate on the development of Legacy Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and MMA. A constant competitor he made his MMA debut in November 2009 to add to the many other BJJ titles he already holds.
- 1999: UK BJJ Open: Middleweight Gold
- 1999: UK BJJ Open: Most Technical Fighter award.
- 2002: Gracie Barra Open: Middleweight Gold
- 2002: Belgium Open: Middleweight Gold
- 2002: Belgium Open: Absolute Gold
- 2002: Belgium Open: Technical Fighter award.
- 2002: UK Ground Fighting Tournament: Middleweight Gold & Absolute Gold
- 2003: IBJJF Pan American Championships: Middle-Heavyweight Bronze
- 2004: IBJJF Europeans: Middleweight Bronze
- 2004: IBJJF Europeans: Team Competition Silver
- 2004: Gracie Invitational at SENI – Middle-Heavyweight Gold
- 2005: IBJJF Europeans: Middle-Heavyweight Bronze
- 2005: IBJJF Europeans: Absolute Silver
- 2006: IBJJF Europeans: Middle weight Gold
- 2006: IBJJF Europeans: Absolute Silver
- 2009: IBJJF Europeans: Middle weight Gold
- 2009: IBJJF Europeans: Absolute Silver